This is the global markets roundup show on Kalkine TV. Lets have a look at some important US market updates.
• The U.S. stock market benchmark indexes Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 ended higher on Wednesday, May 5, following a strong rally in energy stocks. However, tech-savvy NASDAQ Composite Index continued its decline and closed lower.
• The blue chip index gained 97 points on Wednesday. S&P 500 added 3 points, while NASDAQ lost 51 points.
• The Dow Jones rose 0.29 percent to 34,230.34. S&P 500 was slightly up by 0.07 percent to 4,167.59. NASDAQ Composite Index declined 0.37 percent to 13,582.42. The small-cap Russell 2000 decreased 0.31 percent to 2,241.37.
• General Motors’ stock were trading higher on Wednesday after the automaker reaffirmed its full-year guidance and posted an adjusted EBIT of US$4.4 billion for the first quarter, up from US$1.2 billion in the year-ago period despite the semiconductor shortage.
• Next company. Shares of Under Armour and Caesars Entertainment also rose as both the companies showed upbeat forecast for the year after reporting their first-quarter results.
• Peloton Interactive’s stock plunged after the company issued a recall for its 125,000 Tread+ treadmills following reports on injuries and a child’s death linked to the device.
• And finally, lets look at Bond Market
• The 30-year Treasury bond yields were down 0.58 percent on Wednesday to 2.245 while the 10-year bond yields declined 0.80 percent to 1.571.
• US Dollar Futures Index was up 0.34 percent to US$ 91.240.
#usstockmarketupdate #energystocks #armourinc #generalmotorstock #kalkinemedia
To get more updates about Australia, NZ, UK & Canada stock market news, investors education & insights subscribe our channel at https://bit.ly/3cHKioy
Kalkine Media’s You Tube Channel is a one stop shop for all related news, updates, expert views, business insights etc. Catch ASX Daily market commentary, trending news stories for the day, market movers, stock information, top research stories, expert insights and much more only on Kalkine Media’s You Tube Channel.
Check out our media Website 👉 https://kalkinemedia.com/au
Follow us and stay updated on the Go with the Stock Market 👇👇
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/kalkineau/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/kalkineau
LinkedIN – https://www.linkedin.com/company/4829818